[Chapter_Fourteen] introducing: Lindsey Goldberg

margaretha haughwout xmargarethax at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 23:08:50 PST 2011

Dear list,

Many thanks to Rachel for an engaged and dynamic discussion on
permaculture and justice!

I'd like to introduce our next facilitator.

Lindsey Goldberg will be discussing the notion of zone 0 in
permaculture terms, and how care of self might assist the cultural
work we do. Seems fitting as we emerge from the new moon...

Lindsey Goldberg is native to the Bay Area, having grown up at the
base of Mt. Tamalpais in Mill Valley. In spring of 2010 Lindsey
returned to the Bay after having lived, studied, and traveled around
the world. On her most recent sabbatical, Lindsey explored the social,
cultural and physical landscapes of the Middle East and India.
Lindsey is enlivened by the edges between cultivating a sense of
community, connection to place, reverence for the natural world,
inspiring stewardship, art, education, health and balance. Lindsey
teaches and practices yoga in San Francisco and Marin County, and she
co-creating and facilitating youth education programs at Hayes Valley
Farm and the roof top garden at Glide Memorial Church. This season she
is enrolled in an Urban Permaculture Design Course (SF Urban
Permaculture Institute); she is enthralled by study of natural
patterns and the application of these patterns into design.

Lindsey Goldberg, M.Ed, RYT
Education.Environment.Art.Community.
www.livelearnengagetransform.blogspot.com
415.250.2352