[Chapter_Fourteen] the fence

Eric Anderson nuggetsgalore at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 20:08:48 PST 2010

I wanted to offer an excellent book and online interview of book
author on the subject of addiction and harm reduction.

I first heard Gabor Mate on this Democracy Now program (via KPFA) and
his explanations were compassionate and reasoned. He's a medical
doctor in Vancouver BC and works at unique harm reduction clinic and
residential facility in E. Vancouver. He works with and helps men and
woman with serious additions.

the book is called "In the Realm of the Hungry Ghosts". its a great
read and looks at why addition is present and increasing in culture
that is becoming more and more inhumane.  Gabor's perspective is
unique as medical doctor, harm reduction advocate, and also candidly
admits his own struggles with addition.

book:
http://www.indiebound.org/book/9781556438806
interview on democracy now: