[Chapter_Fourteen] Fwd: Diversity in Transition (master's thesis)

Rachel A. Buddeberg rachel at rabe.org
Sun Nov 14 21:12:16 PST 2010

If you haven't seen this yet, you might want to check out the thesis referenced below.  I read it today and it's pretty interesting & sobering (and fairly easy to read for something coming out of academia...). Although i find the recommendations a bit thin (i didn't quite get the head/heart/hand stuff... it seems a bit nebulous to me... Table 1 might be a bit helpful here [45]).

To me, the key finding it the unacknowledged power and privilege that is floating around in the Transition movement (as described by Cohen).  I also found her critique of the open source technology eye-opening (44).  It might perpetuate the hidden power...

rachel

Begin forwarded message: