[Chapter_Fourteen] Permaculture and Justice

Harshal Deshmukh harshal05 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 13:48:08 PST 2011

Hi,

I guess i must have misunderstood what you have been trying to get this
discussion focused on, but i'm having a hard time understanding what you are
getting at when you say we replicate injustices from our existing society to
the world of permaculture. I assumed that if we kept the principals of
permaculture in mind and follow those we would not have these
issues/injustices? or is that too simplistic point of view? i'm not sure...

as for as my statement about small tribal societies.. yes i understand that
human beings had far more varied and complex cultures than just tribal
villages, but they all collapsed or died out when they used up more
resources than they could regenerate.
my point was that somehow the surviving members will be forced to adapt to
what is left behind after we have degraded the landbase. maybe not in the
numbers we have now.
but this isnt what Rachel wanted to discuss in the first place i think and i
totally misunderstood her comments. so sorry about that :)

thank you for this platform for this great discussion

Harshal