[Chapter_Fourteen] introducing: rachel a. buddeberg

margaretha haughwout xmargarethax at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 09:58:18 PST 2011

dear chapter fourteen:

i'd like to introduce rachel budeberg, a scholar in feminism and philosophy
who is folding permaculture into her praxis. rachel will be prompting us to
think through the place of justice in permaculture.

In 2009, Rachel A. Buddeberg returned to school after 13 years in the
business world. She is dedicated to preparing herself for a second career
that will have a positive social impact. As such, she studies the
stereotyping and stigmatization of singles with particular interest in the
development of singlism as a prejudice. To counteract internalized
stereotypes, she is working on rebuilding communities by deemphasizing the
couple and nuclear family. She believes that this will also allow us to
address the global problems we are facing, including overconsumption and
climate disruption by encouraging strategies that truly meet our needs.

best wishes & happy wolf moon,

/m

--

Biodiversity Team, Hayes Valley Farm